Founded in Sweden in 1945 during a project to design a small automobile, Saab launched ten years later and quickly become one of the county’s best car manufacturers. Celebrated for its ethos around both safety and quality, these vehicles have stood the test of time within the motoring community and are still as sought-after as ever.
After the company ceased making cars in 2011, the newly formed National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS) bought Saab Automobile's estate and now produces electric cars based on the Saab 9-3 but under its own new car designation "NEVS". If you own a Saab, you’re basically driving a piece of motoring history, which is why protecting it with a comprehensive warranty from MotorEasy is such a good idea.
Why Do I Need A Warranty For My Saab?
Our warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Saab manufacturer warranty. Our plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not present in a standard Saab manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard, meaning repairs or replacements are covered when directly impacted by a failure
- Failures caused by overheating
- Air conditioning problems
Saab Reliability: A MotorEasy Study
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Warranty
Having a MotorEasy warranty for your Saab means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracking workshop progress and ensuring work is completed to agreed standards
- We pay network garages directly, meaning you are never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Collection and delivery from your home or work
- 24/7 online booking
- Free online account area where you can create a digital logbook for your car, with access to useful reminder dates and a range of value-add discounts
MotorEasy provides warranties across the Saab range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. Enter your registration and mileage in our quote engine to choose a plan tailored to your Saabs age and condition. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
How Do I Get A Saab Warranty With MotorEasy?
To get a free quote today, just head to our quote generator. You’ll need to fill in certain details about your vehicle – the registration number, MOT expiry date, mileage, etc. – then, in no time at all, you’ll get your free Saab warranty quote.
Or you can call us on freephone 0800 131 0001; a member of our dedicated team will take you through all the options available in detail. If you want to take support a step further, we also offer live chat assistance.
Recent Paid Repairs for Saab Cars
Your Saab may be exceptionally reliable most of the time, but that’s no guarantee that something expensive won’t go wrong under the bonnet in the future. Older models, especially, carry a higher risk of breaking down without warning, which you just don’t need to deal with as a motorist.
Check out our guide to common repairs for Saabs to find out how much certain components would cost to repair:
- Clutch plate solutions are a common issue with Saabs. Our recent repair bills for this problem range from £214.96 to £816.38, depending on the severity of the fault. Avoid costs like these coming out of the blue by taking out a comprehensive Saab warranty with MotorEasy.
- Dual mass flywheel is another component of Saabs that we see a lot of. You’re looking at anywhere between £469.44 and £613.50 to fix, based on our most recent repairs. Don’t get burdened with hefty repair bills; ensure your car is well protected with a Saab warranty from MotorEasy.
- Rack and pinions in these cars are also a cause for concern. We’ve seen several mechanisms need work doing to them; the cheapest was £491.26, the most expensive £504. Obtaining a Saab warranty with MotorEasy ensures that you don’t have to pay these kinds of hefty repair bills outright.
- Gasket (block to head joint) gave one owner cause for concern when it required repairs. The final bill was £1,056.01, including diagnostics, parts and labour; understandably, they did not enjoy being faced with such an unexpected and high total. Fortunately, their Saab warranty with MotorEasy covered everything, restoring their peace of mind in the process.
- The most expensive repair job seen recently on a Saab was £1,782.14, including diagnostics, parts and labour costs. The repair included work to fix both mechanical and electrical issues, which you’d be protected against with a comprehensive Saab warranty from MotorEasy.